Gratefulness sends a daily prompt on your favorite platform asking what you're grateful for. Responses are stored in a private, online journal.
- Ruby on Rails
- Twilio (for text messaging)
- React Native (for the iOS/Android app)
- Zapier (to help with automation)
- Postgres Database
- Facebook Messenger (for chatbot)
- Mandrill/Mailchimp (for email)
- Paperform (for data collection)
- Sidekiq, Redis
- Stripe (for payment/donation collection)
- Shopify (for ecommerce store)
What We Did
We initially built this app as a text-message only service. Users received a daily prompt asking what they're grateful for. They respond and we would store it in a private online journal. We then expanded to building an app, sending the message via email and via facebook chatbot.
- Featured on Product Hunt and Lifehacker
- Over 800,000 gratitude entries to date
- Almost 10,000 users
- Nearly 1,000 daily entries
We want to build out the features on the app and help our users better connect with the things that bring them the most happiness.